Health FUSE Start-Up Incubator

iSE’s FUSE start-up programme provides a 3-month intensive support package plus access to early stage funding to kick-start and ignite socially-driven businesses in health and social care in the West Midlands.


From supporting you with service design to commissioning, the FUSE incubator has been designed to take you from ideas stage to launch and beyond through dedicated business support, peer-peer networks, industry connection, hands-on learning and specialist social enterprise expertise.


Powered by social enterprise specialists Initiative for Social Entrepreneurs (iSE) and the West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN), the FUSE programme will give you what you need to start a sustainable and impactful business.


Applicants that complete the programme also have the opportunity to apply for a grant of up to £2,000 to test trade and deliver pilot projects.


Your idea should focus on innovation in health and social care – creating better services and improved healthcare systems that can help to save time, money and lives.


What The Fuse offers:

-Hands-on hybrid business support

– Practical masterclasses on business mindsets, social value creation, building sustainable business models, finance and funding, digital marketing

– Confidence building and business skills development

– Access to a supportive community of social entrepreneurs and industry experts

– Opportunity to access a small grant following completion of the programme (terms and conditions apply)

– Live Pitch-up event

-Access to co-working space at our Hub


What we are looking for:

– Ideas that are new and create impact in the field of health and social care

– Either at ideas stage or early-start (not yet trading)

– Ability to demonstrate sustainability

– Ideas that have the potential to be scalable

– Commitment to the 3 month programme

– West Midlands based


How to apply


Applications to the FUSE October cohort are now open and will close on 15th September 2023.

Apply to the FUSE programme.

Interviews will commence late September and spaces on the programme will be allocated by the end of September with the programme commencing early October (date tbc).

If you have already applied and meet the programme requirements, following application we will be in touch for a conversation to find out more about you and your idea.

If you would like to apply for the 2024 cohort, please email and you will be added to the mailing list and notified once applications are open.

The grant

Those enrolled on the FUSE programme will be eligible to apply for a grant of up to £2000 to pilot or test-trade their idea as part of the programme. The grant fund is a competitive process open to all eligible FUSE participants. Further information available at application.



Online masterclasses and in-person events, taking place bi-weekly, with some additional workshops and events.



You are based in the West Midlands

You have an idea and want to launch a social enterprise or impact business

– You want to increase your business knowledge, skills and confidence

– You want to network and be part of a cohort of other entrepreneurs

– You can commit to attending the majority of sessions and the Pitch-Up



This programme is valued at over £500, but thanks to our partnership with West Midlands Academic Health Science Network, participants accepted onto the programme following successful application and interview are asked to pay a part-refundable deposit of £50 to secure their place.

Following programme completion, we will refund 90% of your deposit with the remaining 10% covering our costs of administration.

Should you attend less that 50% of the sessions, or leave before the programme ends your deposit will not be refunded, except in exceptional circumstances.

If we cancel the course, you will be refunded in full.


What if I don’t get a place?

We have other programmes and support available for social enterprises. Please contact us and speak to a member of our team.


If you have any issues filling in the form, please contact