WISEBRUM Does Social Enterprise Drive
Unlike many other networks we want this network to be truly representative of all women working in and volunteering in the Social Economy. That means you do not have to be a manager or a business leader to attend, you can be a volunteer or a worker and if you are a woman in the social economy, you are more than welcome to join this new exciting network.
We want to create a safe and inclusive network which represents women at all levels and from all backgrounds, doing this we believe we can honestly and effectively find approaches to:
- Post Pandemic Help and create an informed network where individuals are sign posted to the best service / social enterprise.
- Address Gendered Poverty and gather data to examine the causes and more importantly the support and solutions out there.
- Find ways to Actively Promote Women in and into business (is this possible as a collective movement across our city?)
- Support Women in Business and Create a collaborative network that promotes partnership working, mentoring, sharing information and best practice ideas.
We know from our first meeting that a key theme was about having space to ‘Share our Stories’ this will be at the heart of everything we do. We know that women are great for the workforce, we know that women are good leaders, so let’s start shouting about it.
At the last meeting we challenged you to bring another woman with you, so lets see how you do.
After attending this event you will get:
- Continued access to the WISEBRUM network,
- Information on upcoming Women in Social Enterprise events
- An excellent opportunity to network with like-minded people
- Share information and best practice ideas
This event is part of Social Enterprise Drive 2022, a festival of Social Enterprises in the city of Birmingham and beyond. Discover more about our other events taking place between Monday 6th and Friday 10th June.