iSE | Recruiting for Digital Marketing Apprentice
iSE is a social enterprise and leading business support agency working to develop the social economy in Birmingham and the wider West Midlands. We support the start up, growth and sustainability of social enterprises and third sector organisations across the City.
To assist in the digital marketing and promotion of iSE projects and activities. The role provides excellent hand-on learning and experience of digital marketing in a busy business support agency. It involves assisting our organisation in promoting all ISE activity, including:
- Marketing our projects using social media, email marketing
- Generating digital content: animation, copy, graphics & video
- Carrying SEO and reporting on data & trends
This includes creating and editing content for websites, social media and print materials; assisting in social media planning and scheduling; reporting on SEO and other analytics. It offers an excellent way to build skills, experience and networks that will start your career in digital marketing, social media and communications with a high profile social economy organisation.
Above all we are looking for someone who can use their own initiative and can bring ideas to the table. You’ll thrive from delivering quality results from your work. Any experience with digital marketing will be advantageous. A willingness to learn and get stuck in will be key to growing in this role and being a successful member of the team.
- Populate the websites and social media feeds for ISE
- Generate and regularly update content for the organisations social media feeds (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) including text, images and, when appropriate, video.
- Write and upload web content including news stories and event listings
- Conduct simple editing of images for use on website and social media, e.g. – resizing & cropping
- Assist in social media campaign planning and scheduling
- Assist in the writing and sending of e-flyers using the Mailchimp system
- Contribute to the development of the new website
- Assist with planning and delivery of podcasting and livestreaming activity as appropriate
- Generate social media analytics reports using Google Analytics
- Respond to initial enquiries via all communication channels including the phone
- Help to manage client enquiries through providing follow up information
- Liaise with clients to obtain text, images and video for promotional materials and use online.
- Assist in creating brochures and promotional materials
- Research digital promotional opportunities
- Become competent with our organizational CRM system.
- Adhere to company processes, policies and procedures, particularly GDPR data protection legislation and health and safety best practices around social distancing.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant funding conditions and reporting requirements
- Act as a point of contact for external enquiries and communication
- Work in a way which celebrates diversity in practice, programmes and projects and encourages best practice
- Act as a positive advocate for the company at all times
- Ensure that safeguarding and health & safety policies are observed and positively implemented
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required and agreed with your line manager
Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English Maths and IT are preferable
- Excellent literacy, written and spoken communication skills
- Experience of using multiple social networks and GDPR aware
- Good IT skills, MS office.
- Basic to advanced image editing and willingness to develop or adapt design skills.
- Able to work to a brief or use initiative.
- Confidence, self-motivation
- Passion for all things web based and achieving results through monitoring and improving click through rates and conversions.
- Able to work to a brief, independently and as part of a team. You’ll be working from home for much of the time but still be part of a team. We need you to be able to solve problems AND ask for help when you need it
- Interested in kick starting a career in digital arts marketing and communications
- Able to work swiftly and accurately
- Able to communicate enthusiastically and clearly with a wide range of people
- Organised, punctual and reliable
- Confident and able to contribute your own ideas within a team
- Genuine interest in target and results driven approach to working
- Able to act constructively and objectively to feedback given
Training to be Provided
Digital Marketer Level 3 Standard
This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to achieve a Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship with the potential to progress to a level 4 Marketing Executive apprenticeship. Thereafter, there is scope for further training and full-time employment.
This apprenticeship is delivered through Creative Alliance. Apply via Creative Alliance here