iSE | NETWORK, CONNECT & COLLABORATE at SED22
Social Enterprise Drive 2022 is Birmingham’s biggest celebration of social enterprise, connecting social entrepreneurs to new people and new business.
Social Enterprise Drive 2022 supports leaders and founders of social enterprises – as well as those starting out and working in the sector – to find opportunities to build their network of contacts to leverage new opportunities.
Why is networking important?
As social entrepreneurs we can become consumed with working in rather than on our businesses.
Networking is vital if we want to open our organisations to new opportunities.
We need to create time to network – and to seek out the events that will help us do this.
Networking can help us:
Access new opportunities so that our business is the ‘go to’
Establish a reputation and presence
Remain informed of developments that may impact our organisations
Learn from peers and consider different approaches to challenges
Grow our support networks
Social Enterprise Drive week is packed with marketplaces, expert by experience sessions, themed networking events and gettogethers to enable you to catch-up and connect with contacts old and new.
Make space in your diary and join us to connect, reach out and do business.
Here are seven ways you can connect with the sector during Social Enterprise Drive 2022:
1) If you’re starting out in social enterprise the Start-up talks are the place to be! Come along to hear from start-ups and discover the support available to you.
2) Showcase your products or services and connect at a marketplace. Join the Solihull Community Market at Touchwood Shopping Centre and the Wellness Fest for organisations providing health and wellbeing services.
3) Are you a woman in social enterprise? Join the WISE BRUM network for ALL women working in the social economy and pop into our Summer Social Fair for relaxed and friendly connection.
4) Enjoy discovering new ideas emerging from Birmingham’s social innovators at our Pitch Up event. Apply for a pitch or simply come to network with fellow changemakers and be inspired!
5) Network and explore how we can co-create a greener social economy at our Eco Brunch
6) Organisations in Coventry can connect with Coventry’s Social Enterprise City and discover the social enterprises doing business for good.
7) End the week at our Festival Wrap Party. Unwind with music and soul food, connect with likeminded folk doing their bit to make the world a better place.