iSE | FUSE Social Enterprise Start-Up Now OPEN!
iSE’s HealthFUSE start-up programme now open for October 2023. provides a 3-month intensive support package plus access to early stage funding to kick-start and ignite socially-driven businesses in health and social care in the West Midlands.
The HealthFUSE is a 3 month intensive support package of small group and 1:1 coaching, plus access to early stage funding to help entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas in the Health & Social Care sector in the West Midlands.
The programme offers support across all areas from legal structure to service design to commissioning and has been designed to take you from ideas stage to launch and beyond through dedicated business support, peer-peer networks, industry connections, hands-on learning and specialist social enterprise expertise.
Powered by social enterprise specialists Initiative for Social Entrepreneurs (iSE) and the West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN)
Kick-start your health or social care social enterprise and gain access to business networks
Entrepreneurs who complete the programme will have the opportunity to apply for a small grant of up to £2000 to test trade and deliver pilot projects that create impact.
Your idea should focus on innovation in health and social care – creating better services and improved healthcare systems that can help to save time, money and lives.
What The HealthFuse offers:
-Hands-on hybrid business support
– Practical masterclasses on business mindsets, social value creation, building sustainable business models, finance and funding, digital marketing
– Confidence building and business skills development
– Access to a supportive community of social entrepreneurs
– Expert-led information sessions with health and social care experts
– Opportunity to access a small grant following completion of the programme (terms and conditions apply)
– Live Pitch-up event
-Access to co-working space at our Hub
What we are looking for:
– Ideas that are new and create impact in the field of health, wellbeing and social care
-Either at ideas stage or early-start (not yet trading)
– Ability to demonstrate sustainability
– Ideas that have the potential to be scalable
– Commitment to attending the 3-month programme
– Based in the West Midlands
How to apply
Applications to the HealthFUSE October 2023 cohort are now open.
Interviews will commence in October and spaces on the programme will be allocated by the end of the month.
If you have already applied and meet the programme requirements, following application we will be in touch for a conversation to find out more about you and your idea.
If you would like information about future HealthFuse programmes, please email email@example.com and you will be added to the mailing list and notified once applications are open.
Those enrolled on the HealthFUSE programme will be eligible to apply for a grant of up to £2000 to pilot or test-trade their idea as part of the programme. The grant fund is a competitive process open to all eligible HealthFUSE participants. Further information available at application.
Face-to-face masterclasses and online events, taking place bi-weekly, with some additional workshops and events. Masterclasses take place at our Women’s Enterprise Hub on the Ladypool Road, Sparkbrook on alternate Tuesdays 6pm-7.30pm. There are 6 face-to-face sessions in total.
– You are based in the West Midlands (you may deliver services nationally or globally)
–You have an idea and want to launch a social enterprise or impact business
– You want to increase your business knowledge, skills and confidence
– You want to network and be part of a cohort of other entrepreneurs
– You can commit to attending the majority of sessions and the Pitch-Up
This programme is valued at over £500, but thanks to our partnership with West Midlands Academic Health Science Network, participants accepted onto the programme following successful application and interview are asked to pay a part-refundable deposit of £50 to secure their place.
Following programme completion, we will refund 90% of your deposit with the remaining 10% covering our costs of administration.
Should you attend less that 50% of the sessions, or leave before the programme ends your deposit will not be refunded, except in exceptional circumstances.
If we cancel the course, you will be refunded in full.
What if I don’t get a place?
We have other programmes and support available for social enterprises. Please contact us and speak to a member of our team.
If you have any issues filling in the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org