Start a Social Enterprise
Social enterprise start-up Birmingham
iSE provides new-start social entrepreneurs and emerging social enterprises with support and development opportunities in Birmingham and beyond. From ‘pre-start’ awareness raising through to trade, our specialist social enterprise start-up services aim to create sustainable businesses that can generate profit to create change.
start-up social enterprise Birmingham
Social Enterprise Start-up Services
iSE is committed to the start-up of sustainable social ventures creating impact in communities. We currently have two routes for individuals and groups accessing start-up support. These are our fully-funded FUSE programme and bespoke consultancy for a more tailored approach.
All our Business Consultants are SFEDI qualified which is the sector quality standard for high quality advice and support.
Route 1 – The FUSE Programme
Our FUSE programme is for near trade or at early-start stage social entrepreneurs or women-led businesses that want to fast-track their idea, grow networks, develop collaborative opportunities and develop sustainable businesses that create social impact. This programme is fully-funded and delivered in group-led sessions through practical masterclasses and peer support.
Applications for our FUSE programme are currently closed and will be reopening later in the year. Please contact us to be added to the FUSE mailing list to be notified when we reopen.
Route 2 – Bespoke Start-up Support
For more tailored and bespoke 1-1 business support, you can access our paid consultancy services where you will work with a dedicated adviser to develop your enterprise. This is well-suited to individuals who require something a little more bespoke, or if you are working as part of a group to start a social enterprise.
Clients typically access:
- Pre-start social enterprise awareness workshops and information sessions
- Business planning including reviewing or writing of business plans
- Registration of Company Limited by Guarantee, CIC Limited by Guarantee or Shares
- Feasibility studies and options appraisals
- Finance including cash flowing, reviewing of funding applications, signposting to funding bodies, investment opportunities for business growth
- Income generation exploration
- Legal structures, board and governance
- Market analysis and research
- Marketing and Branding
- Service and product development
- Stakeholder and customer consultations and analysis
Contact us to discuss your business support needs and get a proposal of support with costs, or call on 0121 771 1411.