iSE| Social Enterprise Applications to the Queens Enterprise Award for Sustainable Development
iSE are inviting social enterprises to attend a breakfast briefing on the 15th August to discuss how and why social enterprises should apply to the Queen’s Enterprise Awards for Sustainable Development.
Social Enterprise still has a quiet voice in the business community and as part of our work to get recognition for our sector we are actively encouraging those eligible to make an application to the Queens Enterprise award for Sustainable Development https://www.queens-awards-enterprise.service.gov.uk . The closing date is the 10th September 2019. This will also support our work as a Social Enterprise City.
To support organisations thinking they might make an application we are holding a breakfast briefing on 15th August from 8.30 am until 10am. We have support from Karen Lynch CEO of BELU who made a successful application last year and she is happy to share her experience.
The Queen’s Enterprise Award is an opportunity to promote the valuable contribution that your social enterprise makes to the sustainability development of Birmingham. You will be invited to a royal reception, you will be presented your award by one of the Queen’s Lord-Lieutenants, you will be permitted to fly the Queen’s Award Flag at your office and use its emblem on your marketing materials and you will be given a crystal trophy and a Grant of Appointment (an official certificate).
To apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise your organisation must:
– Be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
– File your Company Tax Returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) with two years of completed accounts
– Be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
– Have at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
– Demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility
– Show how you have achieved outstanding sustainable development for more than 2 years
– Provide evidence of the benefits or positive outcomes of your actions or interventions
Join us from 8.30am – 10.00am on August 15th
To confirm your attendance contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com