iSE | City Drive’s Week of Celebrating #SocEnt! *LISTING GOES LIVE*
iSE is excited to announce the programme for CITY DRIVE 2018!
City Drive is our week of showcasing the amazing social enterprises we have across Birmingham, whether it’s awareness raising, opening up market opportunities or promoting volunteering, work experience and employment within the sector.
WHAT’S ON AT A GLANCE
MONDAY 23rd APRIL 2018
- ART IN THE CITY with The Arches Project | Come along all week, be inspired by this creative #socent gallery supporting art in Birmingham | 10.00am – 5.00pm | The Arches, Adderley Street B9 4EE | DROP IN
- CaSE STUDY CAREERS with University of Birmingham| Enjoy a virtual read each day from five inspirational #socents led by young people | ONLINE DAILY RELEASE
- NEW START STORIES: The Unvarnished Truth with BSSEC | Starting up can be challenging, new #socent’s are invited to a roundtable event | 5.00pm – 7.00pm | Evolve Café, 201 Bradford Street, B12 0HJ | BOOK
TUESDAY 24th APRIL 2018
- FIND YOUR FINANCE AND BANKING with iSE and DSEQ | 8.30am – 10.30am | iSE Avoca Court, 23 Moseley Rd, B12 0HJ | BOOK
- MASTERCLASS WITH SOPHI TRANCHELL, with Divine Chocolate | 11am – 1pm | Impact Hub, Walker Building, Oxford St, B5 5NR | Sophi Tranchell (CEO, Divine) shares her social entrepreneur journey and judges eight bakes! | BOOK
- RETAIL THERAPY with Citizen Coaching at John Lewis | 2.00pm – 5.00pm | Community Space, John Lewis, B2 4AU | Product-based social enterprises explore retail challenges, successes and what works well | BOOK
- HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE DINNER with WMAHSN | 6pm – 8.30pm | The Kitchen School, 122 Fazeley St, B5 5RS | INVITE
WEDNESDAY 25th APRIL 2018
- CONNECTING SOCIETY & COMMUNITY CONVERSATION with BiTC | 9.00am – 12 noon | DWF LLP One Snow Hill, B4 6GA | Cross-sector networking to collaborate and build thriving communities across #Brum | BOOK
- MIKRO FUND YOUR SOCIAL ENTERPRISE with Samosa Saturday | 10.00am – 1.00pm | Women’s Entetrrise Hub, Southside Business Centre, 249 Ladypool Rd, B12 8LF | Four women entrepreneurs pitch their #socent – winner gets the mikro-fund from £5 entry! | BOOK
- #SOCENT FOR STUDENTS with Birmingham City University | 11.00am – 1.00pm | Curzon Street Campus, Birmingham City University, B4 7XG | Birmingham students come together to explore the word of social enterprise opportunity | INVITE
- COLLABORATION AND CONTRACTS with Living Well Consortium | 1.00pm – 4.00pm | Living Well Consortium, 23 Moseley Rd, B12 0JD | Extend your mental health #socent connections and explore the benefits of consortia! | BOOKING TO FOLLOW
THURSDAY 26th APRIL 2018
- POP UP & POP IN with Miss Macaroon | 5.00pm – 7.00pm | Great Western Arcade, B2 5HU | Come along for delicious foodie treats at our city centre #socent food market! | DROP IN
FRIDAY 27th APRIL 2018
We would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all our sponsors and supporters who have contributed sponsorship, events, venues and promotion for #CD2018!
Please note that events are subject to change without prior notice so please keep watching this page!